IRISi, an award-winning social enterprise established to promote and improve the health care response to gender based violence, is looking to recruit a new Regional Manager. The post is home-based supporting London sites. Work will involve attendance at both virtual and in-person meetings (dependant on COVID guidelines) so you need to be willing to travel to London as required.
Our Vision is a world in which gender based violence is consistently recognised and addressed as a health issue.
Our Mission is to improve the healthcare response to gender based violence through health and specialist services working together.
We are a second-tier organisation, usually providing services and support to other organisations, rather than delivering front-line services.
IRISi’s flagship programme is IRIS (Identification and Referral to Improve Safety), a general practice based domestic abuse (DA) training, support, and referral programme. The organisation supports the local commissioning, implementation, maintenance, and growth of the IRIS programme. IRISi’s work also includes bid development, training for trainers, ongoing support, national analysis, and monitoring. IRISi collaborates with partners to develop innovative, evidence-based health interventions for those affected by gender-based violence and offers expert advice and consultancy in the field of domestic abuse and health.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to be part of improving the health care response to domestic abuse and to join a small, ambitious and dedicated team at IRISi.
- Hours: 35 per week.
- Location: Hot desk and home-based in or near London area and covering sites in London.
- Employer: IRISi.
- Tenure: Fixed-term to 31-3-22 with the potential for a three-month extension subject to funding.
This post is the opportunity for an exceptional individual to jointly manage the nationwide IRIS programme to improve primary care responses to domestic violence across the UK. We require an additional team member to support the development and expansion of our reach in London.
You should apply if you can see yourself working to:
- Sustain and develop relationships with our newest IRIS sites in London including with partner VAWG services and health partners.
- Support the implementation and growth of IRIS programmes in agreed areas.
- Provide ongoing IRIS training for local teams to equip them to train healthcare providers and support patients.
- Provide ongoing support to local IRIS teams and sites.
- Collect, analyse and report on data about the programmes’ effectiveness.
- Present data to secure the sustainability of the programmes in the area worked.
- Promote anti-oppressive practice and a commitment to challenge sexism, racism, and other forms of discrimination.
- Be an active part of the national IRIS team and work of IRISi.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, download the information below. Please return your application form by 5 pm on Monday, 14th June 2021 to Annie Howell, IRIS Programme Director, email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Monday 14th June 2021
Interviews: via zoom on Tuesday, 22nd June 2021