IRISi, an award-winning social enterprise established to promote and improve the health care response to gender based violence, is looking to recruit a new Resources Director. The post is home-based with occasional travel to the IRISi office (in Bristol). This senior role within IRISi is the strategic lead for budgeting and finance, HR, corporate governance, and IRISi infrastructure. The postholder is a member of the IRISi management team, carrying out the Company Secretary function within the organisation.
Our Vision is a world in which gender based violence is consistently recognised and addressed as a health issue.
Our Mission is to improve the healthcare response to gender based violence through health and specialist services working together.
We are a second-tier organisation, usually providing services and support to other organisations, rather than delivering front-line services.
IRISi’s flagship programme is IRIS (Identification and Referral to Improve Safety), a general practice based domestic abuse (DA) training, support, and referral programme. The organisation supports the local commissioning, implementation, maintenance, and growth of the IRIS programme. IRISi’s work also includes bid development, training for trainers, ongoing support, national analysis, and monitoring. IRISi collaborates with partners to develop innovative, evidence-based health interventions for those affected by gender-based violence and offers expert advice and consultancy in the field of domestic abuse and health.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to be part of improving the health care response to domestic abuse and to join a small, ambitious and dedicated team at IRISi.
- Hours: 21 per week.
- Location: Home and IRISi office in Bristol (flexible according to business needs).
- Employer: IRISi.
- Tenure: Permanent.
- Reporting to: Chief Executive, IRISi.
This post is the opportunity for an exceptional individual to become IRISi’s Resources Director. The postholder will be the strategic lead for and have responsibility for the following areas:
- IRISi infrastructure
You should apply if you have the following skillsets:
- Experience and proven track record of developing and reporting on budgets, managing company finances, reporting on management accounts
- Ability to identify and evaluate risks and options and develop strategies to manage and mitigate
- Ability to define and integrate clear structures, systems and resources to ensure the company runs efficiently and effectively.
- Experience of managing contracts with third party suppliers and other service providers.
- Experience of line managing staff across different functions and at different levels.
- Commitment to anti-oppressive practice and to challenging sexism, racism, and other forms of discrimination.
- Ability to work autonomously, including where the context and outcomes are fluid or complex.
- Ability to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines and with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise efficiently and make effective decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence others to achieve priorities.
- • Ability to work flexibly and practically under pressure and deliver priorities at pace.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, download the information below. Please return your application form by midday on Monday, 12th July, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Monday 12th July 2021
Interviews: via zoom on Monday, 19th July 2021